- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- From the left-hand menu, navigate to “Settings” and select “Permalinks”.
- You’ll see a list of common permalink structures, or you can choose a custom structure. It’s important to note that WordPress automatically generates a suggested permalink structure, so you can choose that if you’re unsure which structure to use.
- If you’re updating an existing permalink structure, you’ll need to make sure that you select the structure that matches your current one. Otherwise, all your existing links will be broken.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred permalink structure, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
- WordPress will automatically update your site’s .htaccess file with the new permalink structure.
- After saving the changes, it’s recommended to test some of your website’s links to ensure that they’re working properly.
That’s it! Following these steps should ensure that your permalinks are refreshed and working correctly.